Website Mr Price Group
Mr Price Home has an exciting new opportunity within our Sourcing team.
Our Sourcing function aims to ensure we procure product at the best price and quality, in a responsible fashion, from a sustainable source and that the product reaches our Distribution Centre on time and in full.
Reporting to the Head of Sourcing, the Senior Sourcing Specialist translates the sourcing strategy into an operational plan.
- On the ground sourcing at origin to find the right supplier to deliver the right product, at the right price, to be delivered to the right place, at the right time.
- Supervise the sourcing function to achieve KPI’s.
- You will coordinate between merchants and suppliers to establish feasibility and the capability of suppliers to deliver on merchant requirements – with a focus on responsible, low cost merchandise from a sustainable source.
- Improve supplier performance through development and management.
- Develop and monitor corrective action plans to drive continuous improvement and compliance.
- Collaborate with the merchants to implement strategy and ensure placement of orders with complaint and sustainable supply partners.
- Research and share information related to ethical trade, sourcing and supply chain best practices.
- Investigate the value chain for opportunities to maintain and increase the use of sustainable produced materials and recyclable products where the price architecture permits.
- Manage and execute product benchmark exercises as required to ensure price and quality excellence.
- Knowledge of commodities and currency fluctuations effecting seasonal and supplier costs.
- Post Mortem and Strategic reporting seasonally
- Due diligence of potential new origins and supply base and assistance of on boarding new activations.
- A completed degree or diploma preferably in Procurement, Sourcing or Clothing Management
- 3-5 years sourcing experience with 1-2 years at a supervisory or management level
- Advanced MS office, specifically MS Excel.
- Negotiation Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of: Corporate Social Responsibility; Sustainable practices; fabric technology; raw materials and manufacturing
- All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in line with the Mr Price Group company policy
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A