Website Motus Holdings Limited
An opportunity for an AFTERSALES MANAGER has become available at Motus BMW Kimberley. The purpose of the position is two-fold: To manage an organised and profitable service department; delivering high quality service and focused on customer satisfaction. Furthermore, to ensure effective parts availability through process management and accurate stock control to achieve profitability and dealership Aftersales objectives.
To manage an organised and profitable service department; delivering high quality service and focused on customer satisfaction.
Furthermore, to ensure effective parts availability through process management and accurate stock control to achieve profitability and dealership Aftersales objectives.
- Drive the productivity, efficiency and achievement of customer service level index objectives.
- Managing cost and an increase in profitability of the service department.
- Manage escalated workshop (technical) problems accordingly.
- Ensure accurate workshop capacity planning according to productive and available staff is done.
- Control (WIP) work in progress on all vehicles in the workshop daily to maintain an acceptable level.
- Exceed all targets and labour sales objectives through efficient workshop operations management.
- Ensure efficient equipment and asset control, and administration processes.
- Manage a profitable workshop against budget.
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, service level achievement, and customer retention.
- Responsible for the annual budget of Service and Parts Departments.
- Manage financial (e.g. cash/debtor payments not outstanding more than specified time period; credit and stock adjustments signed off in
- accordance with business policy, etc.) and non-financial risk (e.g. compliance with the OHSA) within the departments.
- Maintain good housekeeping within the department/ dealership environment as well as departmental vehicle/s.
- Manage and improve environmental, health and safety standards.
- Conduct departmental meetings and general aftersales meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Manage training of all service staff.
- Lead, manage, mentor, attract, retain, appraise and develop staff.
- Ensure profit target achievement.
- Manage inventory within the Parts area, ensuring that stock levels are optimal, processes are adhered to and back orders are followed up on.
- Prospecting new business.
- Ensure compliance with OEM and business policies and processes, as well as adherence to relevant workshop operating procedures and practices.
- Achieve industry leading standards of customer care, process efficiency and cost control.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the automotive industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant workshop management experience in the automotive industry.
- Motor Dealership experience in a Parts Department.
- Qualified Motor Technician (A-certification)
- Relevant OEM service manager certification required.
- Recognised Motor Trade plus N6 or Technical Diploma (NQF6+), or other relevant industry related qualification (or working towards) – highly desired.
- Recognised Management Diploma or Certificate – an advantage.
- Valid, unendorsed driver’s license and the ability to competently drive.
- Computer literate
- An effective understanding of financial budgeting and forecasting principles.
- An effective understanding of relevant technology and systems.
- An effective understanding of the Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety Acts.
- Have sound communication skills in English and language commonly spoken in the area (speak & write).
- Interpersonal competence; effective at working with people.
- Leading, supervising and people management competence.
- Planning and organising
- Commercial acumen and thinking.
- Mechanical insight
- Problem solving and motor vehicle fault finding skills.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- A team player
- Decision making and action orientated.
- Valuing Diversity
- Conflict resolution
- Impact and Influencing
Company: Motus Holdings Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kimberley
Application Deadline: N/A