Website Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute (MatCH)
To provide strategic planning, governance and management to the programme in the district. Oversee the successful delivery of the Programme outputs. The incumbent will also act as a pivotal point of contact for relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation of all project activities and outputs in line with project workplan and standard operation procedures
- Assist in the identification of project needs/resources
- Support the development of a quality management plan and ensure quality assurance and quality monitoring throughout the programme life span
- Support the project team to identify and profile best practices
- Support teams in the design and implementation of programme interventions and strengthening of all components of current Programmes.
- Help to maximize the impact of local delivery of TB services through effective communication of knowledge, skills and learning across relevant networks and communities of practice
- Coordinate the successful implementation of TB/HIV programme activities to ensure that the programmes meet set targets in accordance with national and donor standards
- Provide or facilitate technical leadership to programs in the areas of HIV/TB service delivery, task shifting and programme implementation
- Support IPC guidelines, policies and measures within teams at facilities
- Assist in programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Participate in development of best practices and enhancement of program activities, TB prevention, anti-tuberculosis treatment initiation in children and adults
- Regularly liaise and meet with facilities team to review progress, identify and resolve challenges and problems
- Provide regular feedback to management, relevant program team members and Department of Health employees
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in public health, or relevant/related field (or commensurate experience)
- At least three (3) years working experience in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health.
- At least three (3) experience in working on implementing multi-faceted health Programmes, with preference to one year of experience working in international donor funded projects in a programmatic capacity.
- Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment.
- A relevant postgraduate degree will be an advantage
- Knowledge of research and activities/requirements related thereto
- Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment
- Experience working in a donor funded organization / NGO or project-based environment
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Government and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure in a resource limited environment
- Excellent communication skills including oral and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent project management, organizational and coordination skills
- Experience in training, facilitation and material development
- Researcher capabilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Report writing ability
- Administrative ability
- Management/supervisory skills
Company: Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute (MatCH)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tambo District
Application Deadline: N/A