Website Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute (MatCH)
To provide strategic planning, governance and management of MatCH’s TB Project in the Eastern Cape, as well as oversee the successful delivery of the Programme outputs and act as a pivotal point of contact for relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic and managerial leadership
- Ensure programme reporting across all levels of the project including to the funders and Department of Health
- Coordinate steering committee meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Identify project needs and resources required to ensure successful implementation of project activities
- Support the development of a quality management plan and ensure quality assurance and quality monitoring throughout the programme life span
- Support the project team to identify and profile best practices
- Network to form strategic relationships with stakeholders including the Department of Health and other collaborating partners
- Identify and evaluate programme related challenges, risks, best practices and opportunities
- Support teams in the strategic design and implementation of programme interventions
- Coordinate the successful implementation of programme activities to ensure that set targets are met in accordance with National and donor standards
- Maximize the impact of local delivery of TB services through effective communication of knowledge, skills and learning across relevant networks and communities of practice
- Support continuous monitoring and oversight of annual work and performance plans.
- Review related policies, relevant protocols and SOPs for given programmes and ensure adherence.
- Provide technical assistance to the TB programme and external stakeholders as relevant
- Provide or facilitate technical leadership to programmes in the areas of HIV/TB service delivery, task shifting and programme implementation
- Support IPC guidelines, policies and measures within teams at facilities
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in public health, or relevant/related field (or commensurate experience)
- Registration with the SANC or HPCSA
- Minimum six (6) years working experience in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience with demonstrated progressively increasing responsibility in designing, implementing and managing large, complex activities involving multiple partners in developing countries
- Minimum six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in providing technical assistance in developing or strengthening M&E at health facilities, the development of QI improvement plans and QI capacity building Programmes
- Minimum six (6) years prior experience managing or supporting the management of international donor-funded health programmes
- At least six (6) years’ experience in the implementation of multi-faceted health programmes and working in international donor funded projects in a programmatic capacity.
- A relevant postgraduate degree will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of and certification in Good Clinical Practices
- Experience working in a donor funded organization/NGO or project-based environment
- Strong record in project management.
- Excellent knowledge of TB Programme policies and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Government and other stakeholders. Excellent communication skills including oral and presentation skills
- Knowledge of research and activities/requirements related thereto
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills
Company: Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health Institute (MatCH)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Elizabeth
Application Deadline: N/A