Website Marathon Petroleum Corporation
The Process Safety Group in the Refining organization is seeking a highly motivated candidate with strong technical and critical thinking skills. The Process Safety Engineer will serve as a Refining SME for PHA, LOPA, and Risk. This role will be a resource for the Refining sites by providing expertise, support, and guidance in areas of hazard identification, hazard assessment, and risk assessment. A main focus will be consistent implementation of LOPA and associated application standards across all 17 Refining sites. While focusing on PHA, LOPA, and Risk, this role may also involve providing general support for other more traditional PSM areas such as auditing, training, incident investigation, change management, and other needs.
- Act as a technical resource for the Refining sites in the application of our PHA, LOPA, and Risk programs. Includes providing expertise, guidance, and support as necessary.
- Have a thorough understanding of hazard and risk related standards and how they are implemented at the sites.
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve related Refining standards.
- Provide hazard and risk expertise and consultation to the 17 Refining sites.
- Develop and provide PHA, LOPA, and Risk training to employees and 3rd party leaders.
- Identify qualified 3rd party PHA and LOPA leaders and ensure there is a reserve of competent leaders to keep up with needs.
- Develop and maintain electronic tools and PHA-Pro Database in order to improve efficiency and consistency at the sites.
- Manage and oversee implementation and tracking of the LOPA related application standards.
- Assist the sites in resolution of complex risk issues in the most effective manner.
- Identify, track and report risk issues, and manage associated A/B risk acceptance forms.
- Lead site PHAs, LOPAs and/or Risk assessments as needs arise and availability permits.
- Develop information and tools to improve consistency of PHAs and LOPAs between sites.
- Identify and share best practices, and where appropriate incorporate them into Refining standards.
- Complete periodic audits and assessments of site adherence to related standards and the quality of studies and documentation.
- Review the closures of PHA and LOPA recommendations to ensure they address the initiating concern and are well documented.
- Participate in transition of the new refineries to the Refining PHA and LOPA standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge and skills related to Process Hazard Analysis/LOPA and relevant methods and standards are strongly desired.
- Relevant experience in areas such as operations, maintenance, engineering, technical services, or safety/PSM is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills will be necessary for success.
Company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A