The Sustainability Lead will be responsible for leading and delivering the sustainable transformation of our UK and Ireland business in line with the Group’s commitments as part of the L’Oreal for the Future programme. You will set and drive the local roadmap, partnering with colleagues to deliver our transformation agenda. You’ll lead the ongoing review of existing commitments, programmes and initiatives to ensure continued commitment to an ambitious programme anticipating regulatory change, stakeholder expectations and ensuring alignment with industry best practice. As we prepare for the development of two new sites in the UK, you will work closely with operations colleagues to ensure sustainability is at the heart of our new proposed fulfilment centre and HQ. See L’Oréal For The Planet for our commitments.
- Lead the implementation of the Group’s L’Oreal for the Future programme in the UK and Ireland, working in close partnership with colleagues across the business to ensure we achieve our commitments
- Lead and co-ordinate the local sustainability steering committee, developing strategic plans and roadmaps with them to deliver L’Oreal for the Future commitments across the business and to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment and communities in which we operate
- Drive initiatives to ensure continuous commitment to sustainable transformation in response to local regulatory change and industry best practice
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on the development and delivery of sustainable transformation programmes, with a specific focus on technical expertise in waste, recycling, plastics and packaging
- support internal functions and teams to build their knowledge on sustainability
- Work in partnership with Public Affairs to collaboratively building relationships with key sustainability stakeholders, leading the liaison with industry representatives, trade associations, and NGOs.
- Generate new partnerships and build on existing relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as the official representative and spokesperson on sustainability issues – amongst senior level stakeholders, trade associations and external media and events
- This is a role for a hands-on sustainability professional with a proven track record of successfully leading sustainability transformation projects with lasting impact in a matrixed organisation
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills; demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking to create and implement practical solutions to issues
- Proven track record of delivering to key metrics in fast-paced business environment.
- Gravitas and ability to convey complex technical information suitable to a range of audiences.
- Technical expertise in areas of plastics, packaging and waste
- Thorough understanding of relevant waste and recycling regulations and up to date knowledge of other contemporary waste management and business-related issues.
- Strong understanding and awareness of UK environmental policy and regulation (current and proposed), understanding and awareness of Irish legislation beneficial
- You must have a track record leading work across Sustainability, ESG and Net-Zero in the UK
- You will hold a sustainability or environmental related qualification or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nottingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A