Website Hotel Figueroa
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Carry a pager at all times.
- Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to Highgate Hotel SOP’s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Highgate Hotel standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Highgate Hotel procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
Company: Hotel Figueroa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A