Website Sonder Inc.
Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder’s innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Considering Sonder’s global expansion plans, there will be opportunities for extraordinary personal and professional growth for the right candidate.
We are looking for Housekeeping Leads to own our housekeeping process, coordinate a team of housekeepers, and keep everything running smoothly day-to-day! In addition to general housekeeping duties, we rely on our Leads to make sure schedules are set, cleans are completed on time and at a high quality, and make sure their team is always working to improve the guest experience!
- Manage weekly and daily cleaning schedules for a team of housekeepers
- Support and lead cleaner onboarding and ongoing training and improvement
- Organize and prepare supplies for daily distribution, leading inventory control and organization
- Triage and delegate guest requests in real-time to cleaner schedules
- Perform standard housekeeping duties when necessary, including cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, living spaces, and bedrooms, changing linen and terry, polishing surfaces, removing trash/recycling, restocking soaps, shampoos, various kitchen and apartment items, and branded Sonder collateral, and ensuring all furniture, appliances, and amenities are clean and in working order
- Conduct special projects as assigned
- Initiate and manage reporting of any maintenance issues, safety hazards or damage of Sonder property
- Manage various digital programs including online HK scheduler, cleaner mobile app, and internal reporting & communication platforms.
- Support cleaner training and compliance on these programs
- Daily travel around market and central warehouse to complete tasks and manage cleaning program
- A professional with a positive attitude, who has the ability to work effectively both in a leadership position as well as independently
- Previous experience in a leadership role with a housekeeping department or similar operation especially in regard to personnel management.
- Experience with managing various schedules, budgets, and applications
- Tech-savvy with ability to use various digital applications, including mobile, digitally correspond with management
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods, and cleaning sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of operating household cleaning equipment and best practices
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel, and bend
- Ability to lift, push, and pull required load (usually about 40 lbs)
- This role requires regular access to a reliable smartphone, reliable transportation and willingness to travel between properties on a daily basis when working. (Reliable transportation includes biking, walking, public transportation, scooter and/or other forms of transit that provide reasonable work associated transit times between locations).
Company: Sonder Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A