Website Golden Nugget
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Director of Housekeeping to manage all operations for the Housekeeping department by ensuring a positive and safe working environment, as well as making sure all departments’ employees receive the appropriate training, guidance, and leadership in order to effectively perform their jobs and deliver excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures. This position must also exhibit a high level of professional and personalized guest service that embodies the Company’s brand standard and core values (K.E.E.P. – Kindness, Engagement, Empathy and Positivity).
- Responsible for ensuring the highest cleanliness standards for all rooms in Carson, Gold, Rush and Spa Tower.
- Working with the Engineering department to ensure all rooms in all Towers are in the best physical condition.
- Working with Front Desk & VIP departments in obtaining all necessary information in relation to expected guest occupancy preferences.
- Provides input into and executes strategic plan consistent with the strategic vision of Director of Housekeeping, Hotel Operations division, and property.
- Monitor and creates and implements development, implementation, and measurement of guest service standards consistent with the Company’s Service Standards and brand attributes.
- Participates in the research, development, evaluation, and implementation of new products, services, technology, and processes to ensure a competitive position in anticipation of changing guest’s needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Evaluates and corrects or modifies systems and structures that create problems or impede commitment to excellence in service.
- Responds to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions.
- Works closely with supervisory and managerial staff to develop overall skills and growth.
- Promotes and develops team oriented philosophy stressing the importance for providing unparalleled commitment to excellence in service.
- Stays current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest in industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
- Develops short- and long-term departmental objectives.
- Monitors, documents, and notifies the Director of Housekeeping of any problems that may impact or jeopardize the achievement of current and future departmental objectives.
- Monitor VIP arrivals, stay overs and departures to ensure Golden Nugget service standards are met.
- Oversees Status Board Operators to assure proper telephone procedures are followed.
- Maintains the integrity of the room inspection program and other room maintenance programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements and Articles directly relating to Housekeeping.
- Ability to lead a workforce of over 400 employees.
- Ability to analyze budgets, overtime reports, full-time employee reports and financial reports.
- Ability to understand process development.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of Housekeeping Management experience.
- At least 3 years of Front office operation experience
- Minimum age requirement is 21
Company: Golden Nugget
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A