Kaplan Living is a leading provider of Purpose Built Student Accommodation in the UK. We provide accommodation primarily for Kaplan International Pathways Colleges and Kaplan International English Schools along with a provision for University and Direct Let accommodation.
- Clean designated areas within the accommodation building including, bedrooms, en-suite shower rooms, kitchens, white goods contained in the kitchens and communal areas
- Wash walls, doors, furniture, radiators and shower cubicles, as appropriate.
- Empty waste bins and remove rubbish from flats to bin store areas
- Make beds, including stripping and changing sheeting, collection of laundered linen from store and bagging up laundry for collection, during the semester/short let season
- Clean internal windows, where applicable
- Be a principal point of contact for our students.
- Communicate to our international students in clear and correct English to avoid miscommunications.
- Take responsibility for the Housekeeping Induction for all our students, teaching them good hygiene and cooking safety practices.
- Be aware of the Fire Safety Policy, take a leading role in Fire Evacuation Drills and Actual evacuations.
- Be a leader in COSHH Knowledge in the building and be involved in new staff inductions in COSHH.
- Carpet Cleaning & Floor Buffing
- Undertake training as required
- Be prepared to work as and when the need arises, especially during the various student arrival and departure weekends, open days etc.
- To act in accordance with all Health & Safety policies and practices
- Report any maintenance defects using the correct procedures
- Deal with complaints that are received and escalate these to the relevant manager
- Wear and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with the company policy, COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of Kaplan Living
- Be a COSHH & Health & Safety Champion.
- Have a passion for customer care and a sensitivity to students needs
- Have experience in a customer facing environment
- Ability to offer flexibility in working hours.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Have experience in customer service, hospitality or student service provision, ideally in Hotels or Student accommodation.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Good communication and customer care skills.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Work as a team player and pass on knowledge to others.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A