This position is responsible for collaborating with senior network personnel to provide network infrastructure that is available, stable, and secure. This includes the evaluation, design, selection, purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of network systems, hardware and software. This position is responsible for leading small projects for network design, development, integration and/or enhancement. Networks consist of LAN, WAN, SAN, WLAN, VoIP, RF and associated communications systems.
- Configure, manage and monitor daily network operations to maintain and increase network effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot network related issues.
- Works with cyber security to maintain and monitor system security measures as well as assisting with computer security plans and documentation.
- Remains aware of cyber security issues by maintaining and monitoring innovative technical solutions.
- Maintain and operate complex firewall configurations and policies.
- Helps troubleshooting efforts related to ISP connectivity.
- Proactively identify and help resolve issues before they become critical.
- Remain aware of advances and current thinking in their areas of responsibility and looks for ways to apply latest technologies for improvement to network effectiveness.
- Gathers and/or develops requirements for changing business needs and helps translate them into technological solutions including the design, selection, purchase, testing, installation and documentation of network systems.
- Utilize SIEM tools to search log data and perform analysis on events.
- Creates and maintains scripts in the support of maintaining network infrastructure.
- Evaluate and recommends networking processes, tools and/or software to be used in satisfying business and IT operational needs.
- Utilize established processes for leading the planning and execution of small infrastructure projects.
- Coordinates work with project delivery organization to support the successful completion of projects.
- Create and/or update network systems and cable plant documentation in various systems per established processes and standards.
- Participates in incident management, asset management, change management and continuous improvement of network systems.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified as every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
Qualification & Experience:
- U.S. Citizenship to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” level security clearance.
- 2 years of demonstrated experience with configuration, installation and operational support of networking components such as routers, switches, wireless access points, load balancers and firewalls (Wireless focused)
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical Science with a minimum of 30 semester hours of computer related courses or 4 years equivalent work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Application Deadline: N/A