Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
TSA is an excepted service agency. Employment with TSA does not confer the “Competitive Status” that generally results from selection and service in Competitive Service agencies. However, permanent employees who have at least one year of continuous service with TSA will be eligible to apply for positions in other Federal agencies under the OPM-DHS Interchange Agreement.
TSOs are required to adhere to the Personal Appearance Standard that requires a neat, clean and professional appearance while on duty or while wearing a uniform. This includes adherence to policies on accessories and grooming. For example, with the exception of 1/4 inch stud-type earrings, body and/or tongue piercing may not be visible to the public. In addition, tattoos of any kind on the head, face, and exposed areas of the neck must be covered at all times and not visible to the general public. TSA issued and approved items such as turtlenecks or dickies may be used to cover tattoos on the lower neck.
- Completing classroom training, on-the-job training, and all initial certification testing
- Recurrent and specialized training and recertification tests on a periodic basis
- Passing background investigations, including a criminal check and credit check, and all randomly administered drug and alcohol screening tests
- Have a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary
- Completion (TASC) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician
- Be proficient in the English language (i.e., able to read, write, speak, and comprehend)
- Selective Service Registration Requirement: TSA policy requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59. To find out if you initially meet the Selective Service registration requirement for TSA employment, please Click Here.
- Credit: Applicants must not have delinquent Federal or State taxes, or past due child support payments
- Must be available to work various shifts and overtime, as needed
- Subject to post-employment random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National and at least 18 years of age
- Pass a drug screening, medical evaluation, and background investigation
- Must be registered for Selective Service (males born after 12/31/59)
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A