Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. Certain responses on the form could pose a problem with suitability for employment determinations. If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete/make updates to the OF-306 and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, or imprisonment.
DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about e-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities at click here
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit.
You qualify for the GS-11 grade level if you possess one of the following:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least a GS-09 grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular ability, skill, and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of this position and is typically in or related to this line of work. Specialized experience in maintaining, retailing, purchasing, or procurement of automotive, rail, air, bus, or other transportation equipment or services, or in the operation of a commercial transportation facility or terminal is qualifying. This experience must have demonstrated knowledge of fleet operations; familiarity with Federal, State, and municipal regulations governing the use of transportation vehicles; and the maintenance of inventories and cost computations.
- Working in a commercial transportation facility or terminal utilizing Federal, State, and municipal regulations governing the use of maritime vessels to perform duties.
- Assisting in promoting the safe and efficient movement of maritime traffic in assigned geographic areas.
- Ensuring that vessel traffic is properly informed, advised, or directed in order to reduce the probability of collisions, rammings, groundings, and ensuing environmental damage.
- Assisting in monitoring the progress of vessels, and informing, advising, or directing vessel operators in assigned areas.
- Maintaining a readiness posture to ensure traffic can be brought under positive control to avoid a catastrophic incident.
Employing computer and communications technology to provide critical information and guidance to a master, pilot, or person in charge of vessels.
- Have successfully completed a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related. Major study in accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, marine affairs, marine engineering, marine transportation, or other fields related to the position.
- Have a combination of specialized experience and graduate level education that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
- National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- The Office of Personnel management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule, C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A