Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
- Basic Educational Requirement: You must provide supporting documentation in your application to show you meet the basic requirement below:
- A. Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
- B. Combination of education and experience–education equivalent to one of the majors shown in “A” above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
- Experience: You qualify for the GS-13 grade level if you possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, performing duties such as:
- Performing and overseeing internal quality audits to evaluate laboratory compliance with provisions of the Quality Manual;
- Assisting with reviewing technical work of analysts through statistical sampling techniques to evaluate adequacy of test methods, reproducibility and conformance with policies and procedures; and
- Preparing and providing routine training on Internal Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC) 17025 standards.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with Selective Service
- Primary U.S. residency for at least three of the last five years (additional details below)
- You may be required to pass a background investigation
- CBP follows the DHS Drug-Free Workplace Plan for drug testing procedures
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A