Website Gloucestershire County Council
- You will be the first point of contact for our customers and provide the initial advice and guidance on a range of housing related matters.
- Our customers may have a range of complex needs including disabilities, both physical and mental health. English may not be their first language; in addition sometimes a reluctance to seek help from authorities and we need to ensure that all our customers receive a high quality and empathetic service.
- You will be part of a team that works flexibly ensuring that the service is delivered effectively, efficiently and customer focused
- Gloucester City Council is committed to the principles of asset based community development, where we aim to encourage and support customers to help themselves where possible
- To provide a housing options service with a strong focus on prevention for all those who are presenting as homeless or threatened with homelessness, fulfilling the Councils housing and immigration obligations; including where the Council does not owe a full homeless duty, or where referrals to supported accommodation may be appropriate.
- To support vulnerable clients to access private lettings.
- To respond to routine and complex housing benefit or council tax enquiries and provide general housing advice via telephone, email and face to face.
- You will work with partner agencies including Social Services, Charity organisations, the benefits agency and others to best support customers with their rage of needs including written referrals and case conferences.
- You will signpost people to other agencies or community support organisations and provide advice on benefits.
- You will assist customers in times of crisis arranging safe placements into emergency accommodation or speaking to landlords to help prevent homelessness,
- To accurately record casework through the Council’s systems and support the collation of statistical data, or information for performance reporting.
- To promote and administer grants, loans and other forms of assistance in accordance with the Council strategies.
- Consider the financial implications of any activities affecting the use of council funds, seeking best value for money and identifying or recommending more cost-effective options.
- Take on any other additional duties as reasonably required within Gloucester City Council.
- Work in a flexible and adaptable way with a ‘can-do’ attitude that gets things done right the first time
- Experience of undertaking case work with vulnerable clients.
- Experience of delivering good customer service and coping well under pressure and dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to listen and empathise with clients including those with a range of disabilities, both physical and mental health problems and where English is not their first language.
- Able to accurately recording factual information; and accurately relaying policy or guidance.
- Able to remain objective and conscientious
- With training will be able to apply the laws, practices and legislation to cases
- Ability to present complex information and reports in a concise and clear manner either orally or in writing.
- To participate in meetings with clients or partnerships and demonstrate credibility and confidence to our stakeholders
- Able to work with data and produce reports.
- Able to plan and prioritise own workload.
- Good IT skills and a willingness to embrace new online systems
Company: Gloucestershire County Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newent, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A