Website Gloucestershire County Council
- To market and deliver a wide range of cultural programming and income generating activities across the Cultural and Trading Services portfolio, with the aim of developing audiences and trading in a commercially viable way.
- This is one of a number of posts that will work flexibly as a team ensuring that the service is delivered effectively, efficiently and customer focused and with regard to the principles of asset based community development
- To support and enhance the programme of activity across the portfolio with a broad cultural offer and balance of commercial success with ABCD activity. This can include, but is not limited to live music, exhibitions, weddings, meeting and conference room hire, cinema and workshops as assigned.
- To support the marketing activities to promote the Cultural and Trading Services in the most effective way – print, social media, promotional campaigns to ensure as wide a reach as possible to support the regional and national profile of the organisation.
- To carry out evaluation activities such as collation of feedback and tracking effectiveness of marketing activities vs spend to inform future planning and activity.
- To work in conjunction with the Visitor Experience Team to ensure all event information is provided so high quality events can be delivered.
- To provide a pro-active sales service for the various functions the portfolio offers, particularly room hire and weddings.
- Contribute to the delivery of service plans in order to meet the council’s corporate plan priorities in accordance with the requirements of the Cultural Development Manager
- Maintain and develop constructive relationships as part of a collaborative working environment.
- Engage with stakeholders (internal and external) through effective communication to ensure good performance and continuing service improvement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development, working with managers to identify any gaps in skills, knowledge and expertise and plan for improvement.
- Consider the financial implications of any activities affecting the use of council funds, seeking best value for money and identifying or recommending more cost-effective options.
- Experience of sales and marketing in a customer facing organisation, preferably in a hospitality or events environment.
- Experience of event management.
- Demonstrable track record in a supporting role within an income generating environment and working to targets.
- Experience of coping well under pressure.
- Experience of successful marketing, promotional and advertising campaigns.
- Proven ability to develop positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Understanding of programme development within an arts setting in at least one area of cinema, live events, exhibitions or family activities.
- A thorough knowledge or passion for current trends and tastes in the live arts, particularly music, film and comedy.
- An awareness of museum collections and exhibition management.
- Excellent communication skills, including inter-personal, negotiation, verbal and written (including copywriting).
- Understanding of budget management and the ability to work to a financial plan.
- Computer and similar design skills, including Photoshop and/or web design.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Analytical skills to monitor and evaluate performance in a concise and clear manner.
Company: Gloucestershire County Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gloucester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A