Website Mattress Firm
- Leads the creation of the company’s 3-statement financial forecasts for both short- and long-term efforts
- Assists with cash forecasting and preparing short and long-term liquidity forecasts
- Support the Cash Flow and Balance Sheet forecasting process by, ensuring completeness and accuracy of inputs, collaborating with a variety of teams to help execute and improve the modeling process, and providing monthly, quarterly, and annual deliverables
- Build models for capex budgeting and forecasting, collaborate with cross-functional teams to review capital expenditure
- Track financial performance and ROI for Capex projects to assist with capital planning and reporting
- Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
- Assists with the preparation of various analyses and presentations for board meetings and reporting packages.
- Assembles, manipulates, and formats data into reports.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to simplify, standardize and automate FP&A related processes
- Complete other projects and special assignments as requested by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process by working closely with Corporate FP&A team and the Accounting department
- Astute communicator, knowing when and what to communicate with Senior Management to avoid missed opportunities and/or surprises regarding budget and forecast objectives
- Analyzes complex financial data, extracts and defines relevant information
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, related field, and/or equivalent experience required
- Professional Experience
- 5+ Years Business Experience required And
- 3+ Years Financial Analysis Experience required And
- Upholds Mattress Firms core values: Service, Passion, Integrity
- Technical Skills: Strong understanding of financial statements and proven ability to understand and explain fluctuations
- Interpersonal: Adapts to new situations, changes, and shifts strategies to meet different types of challenges
- Interpersonal: Comfortable working in an extremely fast paced environment with multiple deadlines and deliverables running in parallel
- Management and Leadership: Skilled in initiating, structuring and carrying out steps to complete projects and tasks
- Communication: Effectively manages and resolves conflict in a positive way
- Communication: Skilled in exchanging information through verbal, written or non-verbal cues.
- Critical Thinking: Capable of identifying all aspects of a problem and understanding why a problem exists and simultaneously present recommendations to resolve the problem
Company: Mattress Firm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A