As an intern within one of our UIUX teams, you will have the opportunity to assure there is always a human perspective in opportunity and solution. You will apply design language effectively, explain visual design decisions using gestalt principles and execute a consistent voice and tone across channels. You will apply multiple research techniques in our state-of-the-art labs to provide the customer and design insights that lead to breakthrough products.Because our UIUX team has so many responsibilities, we have broken up our hiring needs to the following three profiles. Your application will be considered for any of the three unless you state otherwise
- You will understand and use base units, grid, type scale, colors and types of imagery effectively and learn technical constraints of a solution.
- UX Content Strategy: You be part designer and part front-end engineer that will make exceptional user experiences come to life. You’ll bring strengths from information architecture, storytelling, content design, and UX writing to a hybrid role that finds you collaborating with UX designers, engineers, researchers, and product owners. Blending UX design and engineering expertise into a single progressive discipline, the web’s presentation layer is your playground, where you will work with our world class design technology team on responsive web prototyping.
- You’ll spend time digging beneath the presentation layer to understand how our products’ content is modeled, structured, and organized across complex flows and interactions.
- UX Design: You’ll partner with a world-class design team at the intersection of user, data, technology and design. You’ll place a deep focus on user insight to help you keenly understand user experience problems and opportunities. That understanding enables you to craft compelling solutions that are intuitive, thoughtful, simple and delightful. You’ll thrive in a positive environment where you’re surrounded by a supportive, hardworking and passionate design community who inspire each other to take their craft to the next level
- And when the underlying systems are disorganized or disconnected, you’ll propose strategies and tactics that bring narrative continuity to the content at the surface. You’ll be empowered to make decisions about content and challenged to tap the full range of your systems-thinking and information-organization skills.
- UX Research: You’ll learn how research is done in industry by becoming part of our process.
- Working closely with one of our senior user researchers, you will gain exposure to a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods such as usability testing, biometric analysis, surveys, ethnographic studies, and interviews.
- You’ll gain a deeper appreciation of the role of research in user centered design as you partner with other researchers and stakeholders in UX, product and engineering.
- You will also understand the role of research in user centered design process and will gain an emerging ability to identify how different methods inform user experience direction.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, Washington, US
Application Deadline: N/A