Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Dispatch Manager – Nightshift to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centres incorporating functions in the following areas; Order consolidation, Dispatch both Local and Line-haul, Returns, and in so doing ensure that both legal and customer requirements are met.
- Management of overtime, schedules and updating exceptions on Kronos
- Ensure training of new staff in that they have the necessary tools and equipment required to perform their duties efficiently.
- Implementation of more efficient means of streamlining the operations.
- Manage the productivity and accuracy of the staff within the Department and take required disciplinary action.
- Responsible for the health and safety within the department
- Responsible for the efficient operation of sorter and manage breakdowns
- Ensure that all customer related operational queries are efficiently resolved and feedback is given to customers and special orders are prioritized.
- Ensure optimal resource planning to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Resolve personnel problems by analysing data, investigating issues, identify solutions and take corrective action.
- Assist with credit note reductions related to damages, picking and checking inaccuracies.
- Ensure that pallets are packed correctly and accuracy of stock per store is maintained.
- Manage the report to expedite orders aging on the conveyor floor.
- Manage the operation and flow of stock as per Dis-Chem standard and operational requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Material Handling Standards, Administration and Management, Supply Chain and Personnel and Human Resources Management
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Transportation Principles and Methods, Production and Processing
- Experience in Fleet management.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role
- Minimum 5 Years Management experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of Store and Distribution receiving procedures with regard to ordering, receiving and stocking.
- Understand Fleet management – In order to optimize cost savings, while ensuring fleet reliability.
- Relevant experience in the field of Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrate thorough theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of all Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- 2nd Language – Read, write and speak.
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand
Application Deadline: N/A