Busamed Gateway Private Hospital is recruiting a Handyman who will be responsible for the following:
- To carry out all preventative, planned and reactive maintenance requirements and contribute to a comprehensive and effective facilities management structure thus ensuring optimum consistency and compliance of all essential equipment with minimum disruption to key areas of the hospital.
- To carry out all administered checklists to the best of your ability and ensure that all the main components of the equipment are working as per manufacturer design specifications.
- To efficiently report all findings and ensure that immediate remedial measures are taken to minimise any downtime of the equipment.
- Assistance with related ad-hoc functions.
- Performing unsupervised basic maintenance of Hospital facilities and equipment.
- Unsupervised tasks will include (but not limited to):
- plumbing and maintenance of water reticulation
- repairs and maintenance to electrical/mechanical beds, trolleys, stretchers and wheelchairs
- General cleaning and maintenance of Hospital plant rooms ensuring that the aesthetics of the public areas are always well maintained
- Supervision will be by a technically competent person relating to the area being work on.
- Assisting the Technical Manager with the maintenance and repair of hospital building and equipment as and when required.
- To ensure that all aspects of the health and safety program required of the hospital facility is carried out with accuracy and accountability.
- Effective management of internal and external service providers wanting to work in the hospital facility
- To ensure that all policies and procedures of the hospital facility which impacts directly or indirectly to the role of Handyman are fully understood.
- Must have a Matric certification
- Qualification in or equivalent to handyman level
- Availability for standby and overtime when necessary
- Must have driver’s license
- Relevant working experience in building maintenance, plumbing, and carpentry
- Ability to carry out basic electrical fault finding
- Relevant hospital experience will be a recommendation
- Ability to function independently with minimum supervision
- Basic skills with general tools
- Good hand skills, creative and quick-thinking capabilities
- Good understanding and skills with power tools
- Familiar with safe workshop practice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Umhlanga
Application Deadline: N/A