Website Bidvest Bank
Conduct incident management, incident analysis, gap identification, enhance information to support investigations, Fraud Risk assessments, prosecutions and intelligence driven operations that will assist clients and stakeholder to prevent, detect crime and mitigate business risk
- Manage workgroups, projects, major investigation and conduct presentations
- Assisting with branch queries
- Provide and track recommendations for actions to reduce the client risks identified during the review
- Evaluation and decisioning of customer information, negative news and complex financial activity
- Work directly with customers who have concerns about financial crime, or have questions about transactions.
- Provide and Enhance Tactical Support.
- Deal with operational information and investigative analysis to support investigations and prosecutions
- Information collection and profiling of subjects to support AML initiatives
- Maintain and enhance working relationships with clients (commercial and physical security), law enforcement agencies, national prosecuting authorities and other organisations who have a vested interest in addressing crimes of mutual interest.
- Compile reports, affidavits and testify in court for bail opposition and aggravation.
- Mitigate risk by generating pro-active information sourced via incident analysis and management
- Data base testing, data mining and interpretation data sets in the form of a report.
- Keep records of services rendered.
- Submit and or make contribution to reports required by management.
- Source operational information to aid in the growth of the Bidvest Bank data base.
- Adopt Fraud Risk Assessments.
- Gather, Collate, Analyse data, Evaluate and disseminate information to be actioned to aid in the reduction, identifying and addressing current threats, trends, subjects and activities of financial crime.
- Consult with internal clients when necessary for views and assistance on reports and products to be compiled.
- Compile accurate monthly reports timeously.
- Compile Bidvest Bank reports for court purposes.
- Analyse trends observed, identify discrepancies in reports and provide solution.
- Updating fraud reports.
- Reporting of fraud trends to SABRIC.
- Matric or equivalent
- Diploma/BA/BCom (Forensic Investigation, Law, Crime Analysis, Criminology)
- Minimum of five years’ experience in combatting bank related crimes and applying risk mitigation strategies
- Criminal Justice & Forensic investigations
- Information gathering and analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial industry, banking, retail environment and commercial crime Law. Enforcement/regulatory/forensic investigation experience
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (Competencies & level of competencies) max 6 Minimum Ideal
- Ability to identify weaknesses in the control environment and implement changes.
- In depth Knowledge and experience of AML.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, while ensuring that assigned job responsibilities and department goals are met/
- Compliance and Reporting.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Exception reporting knowledge.
- Internal Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure.
- Resourceful .
- Proficient in Banking systems.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Working independently and team player
- Proactive with integrity
- Professional and ethical
- Adaptable and flexible
- Person of high integrity
- Ability to respect confidentiality
Company: Bidvest Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandown
Application Deadline: N/A