From designing to running a major production facility- the field of engineering and production at BASF is where true professionals with excellent technical and scientific expertise can apply their knowledge in challenging environments. This is especially true when it comes to plant engineering and construction on the large scale; there are many challenges to overcome. Always in focus though, is securing our leading position in the industry while holding fast to our high safety and environmental standards.
We are seeking a professional like you to join our Port Arthur, TX site to coordinate the tactical operations and the daily execution activities for the Pygas Unit within the Steam Cracker plant at the Port Arthur site. You will support the Daily Operations Team (DOT), Daily Support Team (DST) and the Total refinery Operations team to satisfy production requirements for both sites. This will require leading, participation and coordination of operations, associated technology, maintenance, capital investment, health, safety, ecology and other Port Arthur operations and partner team members to obtain plant objectives.
- Leveraging your education in an Engineering discipline and professional experience in a chemical, petrochemical or related manufacturing environment, you will provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the Daily Operational Team (DOT). Additionally, you will identify opportunities and efficiently and effectively evaluate initiatives in production and process optimization, cost reduction, and quality improvement in the Cold Section operations.
- Utilizing your familiarity with chemical processing equipment, you will monitor operations on a daily/weekly basis and analyze and study trends to determine patterns, research inefficiencies, and identify action plans to correct issues. You will also participate in production planning and scheduling of feeds and products for the Cold Section of the Steamcracker
- Demonstrating your commitment to an efficient and safe workplace, you will offer technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and Quality Incidents, as well as participate in Process Hazard Analysis to support the PSM process and PSSRs. Additionally, you will generate and complete MOCs and revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm their validity. Lastly, you will make yourself available to so that you are “on-call”, should you need to respond to any after-hours event that impacts production or EHS.
- Your proven organizational skills will be useful as you develop equipment and process standards, operating procedures, and training materials as needed to document and manage site operations.
- As a role model, you will provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A