We are searching for a professional like you to join our site team and provide support to the Polyamide plant in Freeport, TX.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for reviewing environmental compliance records, periodic reporting requirements, providing input and support to the Site’s environmental strategy, working closely with plant operations engineers, operators, and production management to ensure compliance, and making improvements to improve efficiency.
- Leveraging your educational background in Engineering or Science and professional experience in chemical manufacturing operations, you will serve as the Unit Contact for Agency inspections and audits, as well as compiling data for required environmental reports.
- Relying upon your knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other applicable codes, regulations, and standards, you will direct the development and implementation of equipment- and administrative-based processes to achieve full compliance with environmental guidelines. You will also provide support to projects to ensure compliance with all state, local, EPA, and permit requirements.
- Displaying your experience implementing environmental programs, project design and construction, you will ensure compliance with regulatory and company policy requirements, prepare applications for environmental permits for air emissions, water discharge and waste disposal operations. You will also interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Driving the successful application of process engineering concepts, you will deliver continuous improvement solutions that will minimize the impact of environmental processes, including waste minimization, as well as identify and scope projects and small improvements to improve compliance and efficiency of environmental systems.
- As a trusted advisor, you will develop, oversee, and support environmental training of production personnel, as well as lead unit activities to interface with corporate and consulting resources to obtain necessary environmental permits for the units.
- Demonstrating your excellent technical and interpersonal skills, you will collaborate with the operations team to optimize and troubleshoot plant operations and to drive improvement in quality, operability, and safety.
- As a subject matter expert, you will participate and provide expertise in PHAs and develop and provide support for environmental training of Operations personnel.
- Demonstrating your thoroughness and experience with incident investigation, you will lead investigations and drive resolution of AIMS associated with Environmental and Operations incidents.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Freeport, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A