We proudly provide apprenticeship opportunities to candidates looking to advance their career in the chemical manufacturing industry. BASF’s North American Apprenticeship Development Program (NAADP) is strongly committed to attracting talented candidates like YOU to join our manufacturing workforce, where you will have the opportunity to grow your career through great work experiences further enhanced through on the job training and skills development.
As part of BASF’s North American Apprenticeship Development Program (NAADP), apprentices participate in a 12-month program offering hands-on work experience in BASF’s chemical manufacturing plants while attending community college to earn a company paid basic certificate in process technology. While participating in the NAADP, apprentices will be offered paid tuition, wages, and access to benefits. After the successful completion of the NAADP, apprentices will have earned a basic certificate in process technology and received on the job training directly related to the BASF Production Technician roles.
Join a company that is recognized for its commitment to leading edge talent development as evidenced by consistent ranking in Diversity Inc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity seven years in a row! BASF highly encourages females and traditionally underrepresented cultural groups, including but not limited to African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent to apply. Potential start date is January 24, 2022.
Apprentices will report to the Operations Manager who, along with the assigned sites’ manufacturing staff, will support the Apprentice throughout the NAADP. Apprentice Production Technician –Seneca, SC
An Apprentice Production Technician in the Manufacturing Unit works from specific verbal and/or written instructions to operate the appropriate process equipment to produce a consistent product. Major Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads process equipment.
- Operates process equipment to maintain product within customer specifications.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Operates forklift.
- Maintain lot integrity by keeping accurate batch/run sheets.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment
- Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation.
- Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
- Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
- Safety suggestions
- Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings
- Waste management activities
- High school diploma or GED
- Enrolled in or willingness to enroll in the Process Technology Apprenticeship Program. Failure to enroll in a timely manner will result in termination from the program.
- Possess a valid ID.
- Ability to pass the BASF’s Pre-Employment tests.
- Possess intermediate computer skills (Use computerized process system, internet, email, etc.).
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating (day/night) shifts (including weekends and holidays) in an indoor/outdoor environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs and work at heights.
- Ability to work in tight or closed-in spaces.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed.
- BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seneca, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A