At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
- Follows all applicable area specific and plant procedures.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Operates utilities including steam boilers, DI Water generators, fume scrubbers, trash incinerator, etc.
- Operates wastewater pretreatment area.
- Operates forklift.
- Keeps accurate records.
- Sample and test waste water for proper treatment.
- Troubleshoot processes to maintain proper waste levels to sewer.
- Shift work/ Vacation coverage as needed.
- Communicate safety issues and concerns through supervision.
- Work with vendors to pick up waste, drums, pallets, scrap metal.
- Load waste tankers for off-site disposal.
- Unload bulk chemicals.
- Ability to obtain a B-Level P/C License within 3 years.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate needs to team.
- Ability to understand a process and ability to solve problems and troubleshoot.
- Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation.
- Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
- Good dependability and a positive attitude.
- Computer skills: excel, word, Lotus notes, and SAP.
- Participation in safety functions and activities.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required.
- Applicants must have basic math skills and have the ability to solve practical problems and formulate action plan to implement solution. They need the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have basic computer skills to include E-mail capability.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year chemical manufacturing experience
- Operate heavy equipment – Forklift
- Work with elevated platforms – 30 feet
- Strong communication skills
- Scientific analysis
- Do you have a waste water certificate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seneca, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A