At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2021. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
As the Customized Engineering Solutions Sr. Project Engineer for the Catalyst Division, you will be responsible for providing project engineering and project coordination support to assure proper design, procurement, and construction of capital and expense projects for the Catalyst Division in North America. You will assist in continuous improvement working to achieve the best-in-class capital project development, execution, and organizational performance within the Americas. You will collaborate with regional business colleagues including, Operations, Technology, Supply Chain, EHS, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, R&D, and Controlling.
- Leveraging your educational background in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Chemical Engineering) and professional engineering experience in a chemical / petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment (preferably in a Project Engineering role), you will develop project scopes, generate and obtain cost estimates, and prepare appropriation funding requests. Additionally, you will ensure appropriate project safety reviews are completed as required, both before and after approval, and utilize applicable Value- Based Engineering practices (VBEs) to optimize project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will develop, establish, and maintain partnerships with assigned project manufacturing representatives to execute projects from initial scoping and funding, through detailed engineering and procurement, to startup and commissioning, and final documentation and closure.
- Your solid attention to detail and organizational skills will be a valued asset as you will follow through to ensure that Operations achieves a successful project startup, and that any project-related action items are completed.
- As a leader of project teams, you will request and coordinate required process and discipline engineering and design resources, whether from the site, corporate groups or outside engineering vendors, to prepare engineering design deliverables and procure equipment, fabricated materials, and services.
- Leaning on your business savvy, you will maintain SAP project data entries, monitor project progress through scheduling and other tools, perform project status reporting, and control spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and adjustments.
- Your passion for problem solving and innovation will be a valued asset as you drive sustainable, innovative solutions to opportunities within the capital work process to further improve the services provided, further increasing the efficiency and predictability of capital projects.
- Your strong commitment to workplace safety and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) will be essential as you drive compliance.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Huntsville, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A