Website Air Canada
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This position is responsible and accountable for planning/scheduling the aircraft maintenance activities. The incumbent will ensure that the maintenance plans for assigned aircraft meet all lease, contract, maintenance program, manufacturer and regulatory requirements and ensure that commercial considerations are factored into all maintenance plans.
- Accurately maintain and update maintenance plans for each aircraft assigned
- Ensure maintenance requirements meet their regulatory limits
- Create, maintain, and close work orders for assigned aircraft
- Research material/tooling requirements for scheduled work and ensure availability
- Coordinate with the operation’s group to maximize ground time opportunities for maintenance requirements and minimize operational disruptions
- Effectively coordinate with other departments, ensuring elements of the scheduled work is met
- Communicate downtime requirements for each aircraft assigned, advise other stakeholders, resolve scheduling issues and develop agreements
- Escalate unresolved scheduling issues to the Manager
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety issues and actively support the SMS program
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of the airline operational environment
- Excellent working knowledge with MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of TRAX, Netline, Communicator, AirNav an asset
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure, and with changing priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication/negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge of airline standards and regulations.
- 3-5 years experience in Aircraft Maintenance Planning
- Knowledge of Line Maintenance and Airframe Maintenance aircraft check procedures and requirements, an asset.
- Previous acting assignments/exposure in above areas an asset.
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A