Website Air Canada
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
IT Strategy, Planning and Performance is a critical part of the IT Shared Services organization working closely with executives and senior leaders across the Air Canada IT organization. The Strategy, Planning and Performance team drives the development and fulfillment of the IT Strategic Plan and the development of a highly performing and effective IT organization that delivers on business results.
The Advisor, IT Strategy, Planning and Performance is responsible for one of the cross functional domain areas in the IT Strategy, Planning and Performance group that can include development of IT Strategy, optimization and standardization of processes, governance, planning, and/or reporting across Air Canada’s IT organization.
Reporting to the Director, IT Strategy, Planning and Performance the Advisor is a member of a highly strategic team and will be exposed to all aspects of the IT Organization and have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenges to develop and implement IT strategy and to identify and implement improvements to IT Service Delivery for optimal performance.
- Lead efforts to improved business and operational performance
- Manage and lead business process improvement efforts (including planning and review) for the IT Strategy, Planning, and Performance function to establish process for regular reviews/updates
- Manage the creation, implementation and reviews of IT strategy driving adjustments to ensure alignment to IT and corporate strategic goals and objectives
- Conduct regular reviews of IT Service Strategy; recommend and implement adjustments to IT Service Delivery Model and IT Organization to ensure maximum value and optimal performance
- Conduct reviews, recommend improvements and manage implementation of cross functional IT Processes while ensuring alignment with IT Industry Best Practices (e.g. ITIL)
- Manage implementation, adherence and continuous improvements to IT Governance Model ensuring alignment with IT Industry Best Practices (e.g. COBIT)
- Manage documentation and maintenance of cross functional IT processes ensuring clear process ownership, roles and responsibilities and decision-making rights
- Manage creation of regular senior executive, management, and board reporting in support of tracking and reporting of IT branch performance, and key IT initiatives and deliverables
- Mange production and maintenance of IT branch balanced scorecards and KPIs
- Propose updates to IT branch objectives and KPIs to ensure alignment with IT Strategy
- Manage continuous performance improvement activities including the benchmarking of IT performance to other companies/industries and the regular assessments of IT maturity and capabilities
- Provide recommendations on business and economic impact, and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Review internal and external communications to ensure overall alignment
- Collaborate with IT business owners for regular reporting and communications
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
- 9-12 years in experience in strategy, finance, change management, process improvement and/or consulting in a large company or a management consulting firm
- A university degree in business, engineering or other relevant discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
ITIL V3 and COBIT desired
- Prosci, PMP and/or Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills with a keen key for detail
- Ability to synthesize information and create reports, presentations and communications tailored to different audience
- Outstanding skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with stakeholders at different levels in the organization
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
- Ability to guide, influence and give functional direction to others
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A