Website ABSA Group Limited
The role is for a Business Analyst in the CIBT – MyMI team . The the purpose of this role is to investigate, design, implement and maintain Management Information (MI) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions in order to provide timely and accurate reporting and solutioning to business to enable informed decision making. This is to be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the relevant stakeholders and applying intimate knowledge of data sources in the context of the core business
- Engage with internal business and technical stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure objectives, priorities and key requirements are agreed and understood.
- Interpret data and identify issues, risks and opportunities and relate results and insights to Business users.
- Assist with the Conceptualization design and build of Management Information (MI) / Business Intelligence (BI) models in support of business requirements.
- Oversee integrity of reports, both when developing new reports as well as when executing existing scripts to ensure data is accurately presented.
- Perform metadata development using appropriate BI tools to extract data from various data sources e.g. Data Warehouse and excel according to specified business requirements
- Create project plans where necessary in order to better manage required outcomes and coordinate with other team members to timely delivery of work product.
- Ensure compliance to policies, legislation and regulations.
- Obtain appropriate sign off from business units Heads and other relevant parties on design before moving into the production environment.
- Where data integrity is questionable, send out communication to relevant stakeholders via email to this effect, highlighting issues and where appropriate, proposing solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships within relevant business units understand their requirements and gather feedback.
- Work with stakeholders (Business Units, Group Technology etc) to create and maintain a portfolio of technology MI, utilising consistent and validated data sources
- Check that information is correct as it is the only source of input and incorrect reporting could have financial and brand implications for the Absa Group
- Stay abreast of knowledge and skills relevant to the level and area of work, as well as actively seeking to attain those required for the next level of work
- Keep up to date via a forum presented by the data warehouse team regarding the data elements that are available within the Absa Group
- Engage with system developers during creation of new extracts to obtain systems access and to build a knowledge network
- Construct and execute Structured Query Language (SQL) database queries to extract needed data. This includes new and existing data queries
- Ensure open communication via email, telephone and meetings with customers when data requests are received.
- Minimum Requirements – Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business or similar with a focus on analytics, business information management or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification
- 3-4 years relevant experience in Business Intelligence / Management Information.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the Internet
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools i.e Business Objects, QlikView, Data warehouse
- Previous experience in dealing with cross functional and multiple jurisdiction team would be advantageous
- Experienced in senior stakeholder management
- Expert Data analysis skills – constantly analyse data to improve understanding of client behaviour
- Advanced Computer Literacy using all tools (e.g. Excel, SAS, SQL, etc.)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Competent report writing skills
- Lateral and Strategic thinker with an appreciation for the “holistic” approach to managing information
- Stay abreast of knowledge and skills relevant to the level and area of work as well as actively seeking to attain those required for the next level of work
- Advanced Analytics knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent understanding of Corporate and Investment banking products
Company: ABSA Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A