Website ABSA Group Limited
Build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications & build capability in others to do the same. This includes but is not limited to applying critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to solve complex technical problems (Front End, Back End and Integration) with high quality solutions & leading all phases of the development lifecycle to deliver.
Absa’s CIB Technology team provides technology support to the organization’s Corporate and Investment Banking sector. This IT Services team is specifically dedicated to our Markets business area and is responsible for the support, enhancement and maintenance of all Trade and Post Trade vendor and bespoke application suites that fall within the Markets business area.
We are looking for a Lead Product Engineer / Developer with experience in Financial Markets (trading) and with a balance of quantitative knowledge vs technical knowledge for the Front Arena team.
- Min 10 years of experience in Investment Banking / Capital Markets IT domain
- 8 years of experience in Front Arena (or equivalent system) development / consulting projects
- Strong technical skills: Software design and development, Business analysis, quality assurance, release management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder’s management skills
- Ability to perform in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Experience in: Front Arena AEF: ACM, AEL, ADFL, ASQL, Python, C# .net, C++, MS SQL, XSLT
- Deep knowledge of FA components such as PRIME, ADS, AMB, AMBA, ATS, AMWI, PACE, APS, AFG-AMB, SWIFT adapters, Adaptiv Docs etc.
- Functional skills required: In depth understanding of asset classes such as equity, Fixed Income, Credit, FX, their valuation models and product lifecycle, Financial Risk Management, Regulatory and risk reporting, trading and Position management.
- Apply critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to solve complex technical problems (Front End, Back End and Integration) with high quality solutions
- Contribute to and in some cases lead all phases of the development lifecycle including e.g. design process
- Determine operational feasibility of solutions by evaluating analysis, problem definition, business requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Develop high quality software / application design and architecture in a test driven & domain driven / cross domain environment
- Quickly produce well-organised, optimized, and documented source code to deliver technical solutions
- Ensure designs & solutions support the technical organisation principles of self-service, repeatability, testability, scalability & resilience
- Apply general design patterns and paradigms to deliver technical solutions
- Create & Maintain Sophisticated CI / CD Pipelines (authoring & supporting CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins / Azure Devops or similar tools and deploy to multi-site environments – supporting and managing your applications all the way to production)
- Use & configure modern observability techniques to provide a deeper understanding of the application. To do this, leverage e.g. aggregated logging via ELK stack, metrics via Prometheus / Grafana / NewRelic and distributed tracing like Zipkin/Jaeger etc.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting e.g. Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes
- Coach & mentor other engineers
- Conduct peer reviews, testing, problem solving within and across the broader team
- Provide technical subject matter expertise and support in the attraction and recruitment of Product Engineers for the organization
- Participate as a subject matter expert in the development & development planning of the broader product engineering team
- Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Company: ABSA Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A