Website United Airlines
Architect new or build upon existing architecture of platforms and applications. Develop applications, services and
- General management and administration.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge solutions.
- Provide work estimates and project deliverable.
- Troubleshoot code level problems.
- Develop and enhance functionality.
- Coding and designing to meet project specifications.
- Reviewing work completed by contractors (code and documentation review).
- Create architectural documentation and coding shells.
- Manage day-to-day project related activities, by utilizing Design Thinking, Interpreting business requirements.
- Evaluating and recommending tools or methods, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product.
- Providing support to Core Support (L2) team, quickly and efficiently.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated experience in custom applications development.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and implement technology architectures and solution frameworks in a complex business and technical environment.
- Knowledge of object oriented programs or platforms that enforce separation of concerns, web application development, security and open source technologies.
- Experience in Enterprise modelling tools to support solution architecture and good grasp of Enterprise architecture concepts, structure and methodologies.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related major, and 3-
- 5 years experience in similar position, designing and building platforms/applications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced understanding and experience in utilizing visual documentation languages (such as UML) and database design.
- Experience in vendor relationship management.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail High quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and system architecture principles, frameworks, processes and governance.
- Good understanding of relational, flat-file and semi-flat-file databases.
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and emerging leading practices in this area, in particular SOA, SaaS and BPM.
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification.
- Proven experience as software architect Experience in software development and coding in various languages
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to guide, negotiate and build consensus amongst large teams of software developers.
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A