Website Royal Mail
The Royal Mail Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality products and outstanding digital experiences to our customers. Cutting edge technology is fundamental and key in helping us achieve our objective to be recognised as the best delivery company in both the UK and across Europe.
Our award-winning Technology team is at the heart of delivering a transformational journey at Royal Mail. The traditional letters business is declining, but our recent performance and the growth in parcels demonstrates that there is an opportunity for Royal Mail that we can capture, but we need to move quickly. By joining Royal Mail you will be helping to implement meaningful change, pushing forward with our transformation to become a more agile and even more customer focused business, while delivering more innovation, products and services for our customers. You will be working for a brand that’s a household name and a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the ServiceNow platform used by Royal Mail & IT Service Provider. We currently use the following software functionality:
- ITSM (Incident, Change, Problems, etc.)
- ITOM (Event, Cloud, Discovery)
- Responsible for development and support processes related to the platform
- Demand Management of all development work requests which are submitted to the team
- Resource management and work load scheduling of employees and development partners
- Responsible for ServiceNow Licence Management
- The external face of the ServiceNow Platform team handling any new queries regarding potential new work or use of the platform across RMG
- Maintain ISO 20000 and 270001 standards for the ServiceNow Platform and its associated processes
- Responsible for Managing the ServiceNow platform day to day to ensure stability and to deliver service
- ITBM (Agile release, Application Portfolio Mgmt (Eval))
- Management of the ServiceNow Platform to deliver technology services includes: cloud services, mainframe, mid-range servers, storage technologies, networks, mobile devices including phones, desktops and databases and the surrounding services that monitor and manage them.
- Be accountable for delivering Programmes of work liaising with numerous stakeholders at all stages throughout the projects and following the Application Lifecycle Model.
- Extensive knowledge of working with the ServiceNow platform (ITSM, ITOM, ITBM), to deploy changes and maintain service in a large scale environment.
- Experience of managing a team who perform development and support activities
- Previous experience in delivering to the Application Lifecycle Model.
- Prior experience of coaching and developing people in ServiceNow.
- APMP, Prince2, Agile, ITIL or similar certified or appropriate level of experience and prepared to work towards formal qualifications.
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chesterfield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A