We’ve got an opportunity for a Back Haul Specialist – Transport to join our Logistics team at our site in Sittingboune.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for growing and developing Back Haul revenue and volume, through multiple internal and external stakeholders and suppliers, by utilising Morrisons and partner transport resources, working towards a cost neutral, carbon reduced transport model.
- Actively seeking out new business opportunities, growing profitable Back Haul relationships, whilst ensuring high levels of service are maintained.
- Develop and manage the customer service plan, multiple stakeholders and effectively oversee external suppliers and hauliers as part of an integrated network transport plans
- Works cross functionally to manage and influence key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the right solutions are found and sound decisions are taken
- Listens and responds to customer and stakeholder feedback to make positive change to continuously ensure the improvement of Back Haul activities can be improved for the future
- Responsible for team development, engagement and supporting their colleagues to grow within the business
- A problem solver than can identify and find solutions using root cause analysis
- Communicates the transport plan effectively, efficiently and consistently to internal and external stakeholders, providing support and guidance for all queries and escalation
- Develop new business opportunities to utilise Morrisons fleet and partner fleets, this may by developing commercial transport relationships internal and external suppliers
- Accountable for all Back Haul performance indicators for the site and identifies new and untapped Back Haul opportunities, ensuring all KPI’s are met
- 5 years extensive B2B and C2B experience gained within a transport environment
- Strong geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe
- Proven track record of successfully developing new business opportunities
- Commercially focused with strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sittingbourne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A