We’ve got an opportunity for a Health & Safety Specialist to join our Logistics team at our site in Wakefield.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for leading health and safety on site to ensure all managers and colleagues are engaged and motivated by Health and Safety in Morrisons. In this role you will work collaboratively with the Site Manager and other members of the Senior Team to embed a safety culture on site with robust processes and standardised working practices which keep all colleagues in work safe.
- Ensuring the site management team, colleagues & visitors comply with Health and Safety legislation and adhere to Morrisons policy and procedure in relation to safe working practices.
- Reviewing all Health and Safety compliance on site, delivering accurate reports and creating action plans against trends
- Playing a lead role in the continuous improvement of the Company Safety Plan that demonstrates a strong safety culture for employees, visitors and contractors
- Ensures regular audits are completed which measure safe working practices whilst delivering products to store
- Monitors near misses and proactively supports managers to complete floor walks routinely, whilst supports managers to investigate potential hazards and accidents using the reporting tools available.
- Ensures all Health & Safety targets and standards are met at all times
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained with structured practices and processes being embedded and visible on site.
- Provides additional training and guidance to drive a culture of Health & Safety.
- Monitors trends to ensures corrective actions are completed and implemented by managers
- Leads from a Health and Safety perspective at site meetings in partnership with the union and listens and responds to issues and concerns
- Monitors and maintains compliance with safe working practices and workplace hygiene levels
- Ensures all colleagues are trained in Health and Safety to the required level to do their role
- Builds great relationships with internal stakeholders at other sites, sharing best practice and proactively supports and coaches all colleagues ensuring Health and Safety is prioritised on site
- Delivers H&S training on site for new and existing colleagues and managers
- You must have a NEBOSH General Certificate with extensive Health & Safety experience ideally gained in warehousing/ logistics/distribution or FMCG Manufacturing
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is highly desirable
- Experience of working in a fast paced operational environment, managing multiple stakeholders with an ability to deliver results
- Experience of building great relationships with peers, sharing best practice whilst proactively supporting and coaching colleagues, ensuring Health and Safety is at the forefront
- Experience of driving key performance indicators and how to influence them to improve audit scores, accident statistics and reduce near misses.
- Understand the impact of unsafe working practices and how this can damage stock/product which will impact service to sites
- A sound knowledge of the wider supply chain, ensuring safe working practices are maintained
- Confident, self starter who can implement all safe systems of work to include risk assessment, accident reporting and experience of delivering onsite compliance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wakefield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A