As a Drilling Supervisor you will direct well site operations at the drilling rig site in support of ExxonMobil’s mission to conduct all worldwide drilling operations with an emphasis on safety and efficiency improvement. The Drilling Supervisor is front and center directing the action at the rig site, ensuring “Nobody Gets Hurt” and protecting the environment while ensuring the well meets all objectives.
- Direct day to day well site operations with emphasis on safety, environmental protection, wellbore integrity, cost control, and efficiency improvement.
- Directly work with the Drill Team (engineering and rig personnel) to execute the drilling program and operational procedures.
- Analyze and communicate ongoing well-related performance events and steward Drill Team efforts to improve performance.
- Manage interface with local regulators, onsite contractors, and other ExxonMobil functional groups (e.g. construction, production operations).
- Execute program in compliance with ExxonMobil Operations Integrity Management System and Company standard operations practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of five years of relevant drilling experience with an operator or rig contractor (e.g. Rig Site Supervisor, Tool Pusher, OIM or Rig Manager). Knowledge and experience in the areas of well control, rig equipment, wellbore design, drilling fluids, cement design, and geology.
- Experience in US unconventional resource basins with Permian drilling experience preferred.
- High level of personal and professional integrity. Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills, able to manage self and lead others in a diverse work team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to adapt communication style between leading onsite team to relaying technical information to office based team.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced rig supervisors and engineers.
- Basic computing skills (Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Initial assignment will be in ExxonMobil’s US Unconventional operations, however candidates must be willing and able to travel to any ExxonMobil field drilling location (domestic and international) to supervise activities on rotational work schedule.
- Willing and able to work in malarial areas and comply with Company’s Malaria Control Program, which includes a malaria chemoprophylaxis protocol.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A