Accountable for the financial accounting for a designated area of the business, including:
- Ensure that monthly financial reporting is accurate, delivered on time and in accordance with ABSA and Woolworths reporting requirements and IFRS.
- Ensure that financial accounting processes and controls are executed in accordance with WFS policies, processes, financial governance principles and legislative accounting requirements.
- Lead and direct a team of professionals ensuring that the necessary support and guidance is provided.
- Financial Reporting
- Finance Control Environment, Policies and Processing
- Financial Expertise and Continuous Improvement
- Stakeholder Management
- Staff and Talent Management
- 3 year university degree in Accounting, Financial Accounting and/or Business
- CA(SA) or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience in either a commercial or professional services role with Financial/Management accounting exposure
- 2 to 5 years management experience
- 2 to 5 years’ experience within a medium to large organisation within the financial services industry
- Ability to understand and apply financial accounting principles and concepts including knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and systems (General Ledger, Sub-ledgers including Accounts Payable, Budgeting etc.).
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Deadline driven in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work as a team player to ensure effective delivery of reporting, tasks, projects and any other related deliverables.
- Exceptional time management skills to be able to complete tasks effectively to deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (including being able to run workgroups/meetings and minute-taking.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hermanus
Application Deadline: N/A