To Partner the Fashion, Beaurty and Home (FBH) business unit and effectively lead a diverse team that will provide and maintain solutions and systems that deliver business capabilities to produce measurable business value and competitive advantage. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
- Partner with business to define the IT- BU roadmap and drive delivery of that roadmap
- Build and nurture effective relationships with the FBH business counterparts and suppliers
- Own the relationship with the business unit – actively manage the relationship and expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Assure service delivery within business unit:
- Ensure that business service requirements are defined and actively managed
- Act as an escalation point for any service issues within business unit
- Provide input into IT strategy, technology direction and operating plan as well as setting aligned goals for subordinates to deliver these
- Provide input into IT investment (capex, opex, devex, human resources and skills development) relating to business initiatives (new applications and management of existing applications) and operating plans and ensure that projects and operating plans are delivered within approved budgets
- Integrate effectively with Technology Management to ensure the management of central and decentralised applications within business unit (including technology management, maintenance and upgrades) to meet business objectives
- Lead a diverse, cross functional, (direct/ virtual) team to effectively deliver strategy and operating plans within time and on budget
- Work in an integrated way with the Technology COEs (Centre of Excellence), IT Portfolio, Quality Assurance, Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Analysis and Service Management competencies to provide optimal solutions to meet business requirements and enable new business capabilities.
- Identify and analyse business requirements for their IT impact (including benchmarking, feasibility and assessment) and provide input into the prioritization process
- Provide optimal end-to-end IT solutions to meet business requirements and enable new business capabilities for the business unit:
- Identify optimal solutions to meet business requirements/ opportunities
- Acquire application software in line with commercial, architecture and technology guidelines to meet business requirements/ opportunities
- Ensure the effective development, testing and installation of solutions together with cross-functional applications and technology/ infrastructure competencies to meet business requirements and opportunities
- Driving IT delivery of programmes and projects (including business case) within time and on budget
- Lead Projects in business area and undertake quality assurance reviews of projects (including delivery of the business case)
- Create a culture of continuous improvement (root cause analysis, trend analysis, capacity and performance)
- Identify IT and related business risks (Including resourcing) across areas of responsibility and develop strategies for risk management and mitigation in accordance to IT Governance
- Ensure Adherence to IT Policy, Procedures and Policies
- 3 year relevant IT or NQF aligned qualification
- 8 years relevant experience across multiple areas of IT
- Track record of delivery
- Track record of managing relationships at different levels
- Technology / Application management
- Technology Thought Leadership and contribution to roadmaps
- Project/ Programme management
- Relevant Fashion, Beauty and Home business/retail knowledge
- Ability to lead and manage large teams including Service Providers/ Suppliers
- Commercial Management and Negotiation skills
- Communicating, reporting and influencing
- Solutions focused and systemic thinker
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Current technical and technology knowhow
- Knowledge of Woolworths IT landscape
- Show the appropriate Leadership behaviors underpinned by the Woolworths Values
- Responsive to external influences (positive or negative) on the organisation.
- Understands what is commercially achievable and makes sound business decisions.
- Supports the development of business acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of business operations and organisational metrics and trends.
- Factors in retail models and levers in building an effective IT landscape.
- Develops retail acumen of team through knowledge sharing and upskilling.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of key industry metrics and trends.
- Benchmarks the competition and other relevant comparison groups.
- Makes sound technical decisions based on understanding of what is commercially achievable within technological constraints.
- Evaluates the applicability of solutions with the ability to challenge and qualify its suitability for the business.
- Leverages research on technology-related concepts, trends and best practices to provide guidance on IT roadmap.
- Set technical policies and procedures to support IT stability and success aligned to evolving technologies and methodologies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A