The Fuel Associate works in support of the store management team to facilitate the completion of gasoline related customer service and tasks. Delivers fuel safety, customer service and ensures fuel court related tasks are completed with efficiency and consistency. The Fuel Associate is expected to properly execute all cash management processes, including cash handling, credit card processes and related safety procedures. The Fuel Associate delivers an exceptional customer experience that supports Wawa’s vision to fulfill lives every day.
- Greet customers at kiosk/fuel dispenser and provide an enjoyable fuel experience for all customers. Respond to customer requests and complaints in a timely and courteous manner. Utilize the GREAT customer service and customer recovery model to ensure customer engagement.
- Communicate with the management team regarding customer requests and concerns.
- Assist fuel customers by determining need (fuel type, amount, etc), programming fuel dispenser, and pumping fuel.
- Operate the point of sale as per corporate standards and maintain proper cash levels. Process cash and credit payments and use cash register to dispense change/receipt at completion of service.
- Complete outdoor housekeeping functions including using outdoor power equipment, cleaning, power washing, sweeping, cleaning oil and gas spills and picking up and emptying trash. Wipe down the fuel area and restock all fuel area supplies and products.
- Replace receipt paper and ensure that credit card payment area has not been tampered with.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures and practices as outlined in Wawa’s policy manual, training materials and other publications.
- Ensure safe working conditions by maintaining a clean, organized work area in accordance to standards.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to learn processes and procedures and demonstrate on a daily basis
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Ability to learn and demonstrate all Wawa Safety and Quality Assurance processes and procedures.
- Perform the following physical behaviors continuously throughout their shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, grasping firmly and pushing buttons
- Perform the following physical behaviors occasionally during their shift: bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, pushing and reaching below waist
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to cleaning products
- Ability to withstand extreme environmental conditions
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A