The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the store in the absence of the General Manager and to otherwise support the General Manager in all facets of running the store. The AGM will review business results, including profitability, and plan for continued improvement. The AGM supports the selection and development of all Customer Service Associates and in conjunction with the FBM is responsible for the training of all Customer Service Associates in the store. The AGM is responsible for ordering goods and scheduling labor. The AGM is responsible to manage and oversee all safety processes within the store. The AGM ensures an exceptional customer experience. Where applicable, this position will assist the GM with managing the fuel offer.
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to and resolve customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
- Execute the corporate training plan for all CSAs and effectively conduct hands-on training to ensure associate proficiency. Ensure the planning and execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Supervise the day-to-day task assignments and performance for all associates. Assist with all matters relating to Customer Service Associates and the store team – recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, associate engagement and performance management. Recognize and reward associates.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily assignments and activities of associates to meet the needs of the business. Delegate tasks and follow-up as necessary. In full-serve fuel stores, responsibilities include supporting the GM with all areas of fuel labor, including preparation of the schedule.
- Monitor and analyze business processes and results to profitably achieve store goals. Examples include: reviewing and analyzing reports, completing the store performance tracking board, and managing shrink and spoilage.
- Manage cash and lottery processes.
- Analyze results and trends and prepare action plans to leverage the store’s strengths and address areas of opportunity. Ensure the execution of all action plans.
- Build relationships with community partners to connect the store with its community.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Leadership experience required, leadership experience in a food service environment preferred
- Flexible availability which may include all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Ability to work 35 – 40 hours per week
- Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff, sales building, labor allocation & scheduling, managing expenses
- Experienced in all areas of store operations, including foodservice
- Experience effectively implementing change and demonstrated results in execution
- Serve Safe Certification
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gambrills, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A