Venmo is continuously innovating and launching new products that make Venmo the wallet of choice to all users. Our goal is to make Venmo ubiquitous, simplify payments and enable secure & fun experiences. We are continuously launching new products to meet these objectives, including the Venmo for Business, Pay with Venmo, QR payments, Credit Card and more!
The Commercial Manager is responsible for the P&L, revenue growth & business execution at Venmo. This includes working with Product, Finance, Marketing, Risk, Operations, Sales and Data to ensure successful adoption, performance, and scale of Commerce product lines. You will heavily rely on data, market research and user feedback to identify the growing needs of the business and help prioritize initiatives to address those needs. The ideal candidate has exceptional analytical and communication skills as well as the desire and ability to drive projects forward by influencing cross-functional leaders.
The Venmo Market Development Manager is responsible for stimulating demand for Venmo products and services across both existing and new channels both internal and external. The charter is to drive adoption and growth of Venmo products with partners.
- Own & drive developing new opportunities for the Pay-with-Venmo and QR Checkout products to meet and exceed goals, including acceptance, user adoption and revenue
- Work across the organization to drive key strategic initiatives, sales enablement, partner engagement and development of new business initiatives.
- Work with various teams to define the strategy to grow Pay-with-Venmo and QR Checkout, including resource allocation, new product lines, feature set requirements, and go-to-market strategy
- Size new opportunities to determine potential for revenue generation and adoption and work with leadership and product on prioritization
- Establish ongoing competitive / industry assessments to identify product/ experience opportunities
- Work with Product, Marketing, and Tech teams to drive innovation aimed at improving customer experience
- Detailed understanding of user segments, industry needs, solutions landscape, market trends and competitors are required
- Ability to plan, build and maintain a pipeline of new business and channel partnership prospects
- Ability to confidently consult and present to prospective merchants and partners on key business solutions and the Venmo value proposition
- Responsible for early life account management of new channels and partners
- Supporting overall Market Development and Go-to-Market initiatives via individual projects and initiatives, as well as providing valuable insight and feedback for internal departments/forums
- Identify and act on new commercial opportunities for Venmo/Paypal
- Experience in Business Development or account management
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make quick decisions in complex environments (e.g., across product lines, geographies, pricing levers etc)
- Proven track record of owning & executing on large cross functional initiatives, projects or products and delivering results
- Financial modeling, data analysis, and the ability to leverage analytics to drive sound decision-making
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A