Website United Airlines
The Senior NoSQL Database Administrator role provides the experience and skills in the administration of Couchbase database system and any related NoSQL database technology. The role requires to work with the application team on the design, modelling, and database architecture, and operational support of the development and deployment of an application. The role is to bring a level of experience and the ability to ensure that the NoSQL database platforms remain stable, reliable and available.
- Monitor and maintain database health and ensure efficient operation
- Perform database maintenance and troubleshooting. Key participant in capacity planning and growth projections
- Work with cross functional teams planning, modeling, and implementing solutions utilizing NoSQL technologies
- Management and support replication technologies for disaster recovery and High Availability.
- Install, configure, administer, and support multiple NoSQL instances
- Support application deployments to production including performance and functional testing.
- Define and implement backup and archival strategies per data retention requirements
- Automate routine tasks with scripts
- 24 x 7 support and management of NoSQL database
Qualification & Experience:
- Intermediate knowledge in administering NoSQL database
- In-depth understanding of NoSQL High Availability strategies – replication, sharding, and failover
- Recent experience with Couchbase or MongoDB database system is highly desirable
- 3+ years of hands on experience installing, configuring, and administering NoSQL databases required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Minimum of 6+ years in the administration of various databases
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Willing and able to travel as needed for business (up to 20%)
- Communicate and work effectively in a team environment
- Familiarity on the use of Linux utilities related to monitoring process, disk I/O, memory and network stats.
- Knowledge on cloud deployment is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- BS in Computer Science and/or equivalent 6+ years work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Linux proficiency required
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A