Website University of the Free State
- Digital security
- Understand the operational risks associated with digital security in terms of new- and ongoing practices and technologies of the Faculty of Health Sciences (FoHS).
- Identify and manage (register & resolve) potential areas of digital vulnerabilities within the confines of the FoHS.
- Ensure the safety and digital security of FoHS data repositories (paper and digital).
- Govern digital access to the formal data/information repositories of the FoHS aligned to the UFS Digital Security Policy.
- Effective data management
- Fully map and ‘understand’ the operational data domain of the FoHS.
- Fully map and ‘understand’ the operational information domain of the FoHS.
- Gather and consolidate data and information to enable management reporting.
- Perform intermediate level data analytics to inform management of pre-defined trends and tendencies affecting the strategy and ongoing operations of the FoHS.
- Construct reports to management based on data analysis and data harvesting across data repositories of the FoHS.
- Governance and Compliance Management
- Ensure full compliance to the National legislation as contained within the ambit of POPIA, PAIA and the ECT-acts.
- Ensure full compliance to the UFS Institutional policy frameworks of the University.
- Ensure that the FoHS is fully compliant and responsive to internal policies, procedures, standards and guidelines (SOPs).
- Ensure access to data and information is governed at the level of the FoHS.
- Business enablement
- Ensuring and maintaining the effective planning and ongoing deployment of IT technologies in the FoHS.
- Take functional ownership of all systems, platforms and infrastructures in the FoHS.
- Ensure that digital access to systems, data and information is aligned to (i) segregation of role-and-function and (ii) the institutional policies associated with institutional digital security.
- Ensure a working relationship with ICT Services.
- Register, monitor and follow-up on all FoHS service requests and incidents.
- Co-design and implement new infrastructure requirements with ICT Services.
- Operational integrity
- Monitor and respond to digital failures in the FoHS.
- Monitor and respond to inter-faculty digital problem areas.
- Ensure the timeous replacement of digital devices/ infrastructure.
- Manage the interaction with ICT Services to respond to digital renewals and digital problem areas.
- Represent the FoHS on the digital forums of ICT Services.
- Relevant B degree on NQF level seven (7).
- A minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience including experience in DB Design and structuring.
- B.Sc. Hons degree on NQF level 8 in Information Technology or equivalent qualification in a related field of study.
- Knowledge regarding the effective management, control and implementation of IT systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in conducting basic research.
- Results orientated:
- The ability to set high standards, establish tough goals, and to work to achieve success.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- Strategic thinking:
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to carefully analyse information and use logic to address issues and problems at work.
- Business acumen:
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Building coalitions:
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloemfontein
Application Deadline: N/A