The ideal Manufacturing Engineering Technician candidate will possess the ability to understand and troubleshoot equipment and processes related to manual, mechanical, and electro-mechanical systems. The candidate will be able to work with Production, Engineering, and Quality personnel to understand technical details, procedures, equipment, and tools related to manufacturing. The individual must be able to comprehend and execute tasks related to new product launches and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand and employ safe work habits
- Commissioning systems, implementation, and programming
- Act as a key resource in the prototyping and launch of new products and processes
- Provide support to engineering personnel for the design/development of new product/specifications
- Assist manufacturing engineers in developing documentation of all necessary procedures, periodic maintenance, process control, troubleshooting guides, etc.,
- Develop maintenance training programs and perform the training
- Involved in the design/adaptation of test equipment, related procedures and documentation
- Provides hands on assistance to resolve technical quality issues related to customer complaints, manufacturing, engineering, test methods, equipment, etc.
- Support and assist maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures; Evaluate, test, and repair components, circuits, assemblies, and full systems as required
- Performs capability studies on new fixtures.
- Assist with process failure mode analyses (PFMEA’s) for manufacturing
- Assist with Statistical Process Controls set-up and release on new processes
- Maintain accurate records/documentation related to quality, work in progress, test results, labor (e.g. timecards), and special projects.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Must be available to travel as needed (Domestic and International)
- Self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment as an individual or with a team
- Strong attention to detail and mechanical aptitude
- Experience with metal fabrication methods including welding
- Read and comprehend detailed technical drawings, diagrams, schematics, C of A’s, catalog systems, and bill of materials.
- Basic 3D Modeling software use (CATIA, SolidWorks, CoCreate, etc.) to degree of model verification, dimensional inquiry
- Ability to work with testing equipment – i.e. oscilloscope, multi-meter, signal generator, etc.
- Familiarity with soldering, wire termination, encapsulation and other electronics construction and troubleshooting and/or repair
- Familiarity with PLC logic
- Familiarity with robotic programming (i.e. Allen Bradley, Siemens, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL, JAVA, Python
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A