Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Provides Legendary Customer Service by servicing and maintaining aircraft to ensure an airworthy fleet that will sustain an on-time flight schedule.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers.
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company.
- The work of the Mechanic shall include all work generally recognized as Mechanic’s work performed by the Company in its airline operations in and about Company shops, maintenance bases, and maintenance stations–including, but not limited to–checks, dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, welding, erecting, and painting all parts of aircraft, aircraft engines, radio equipment, instruments, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and machine tool work in connection therewith.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years Aircraft Maintenance experience required
- 1 year Heavy jet aircraft of 12,500 lbs or more within past two years preferred.
- Must meet recency of experience requirements of CFR 65.83
- Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- Valid Federal A&P Certificates, as required by Federal Law
- Must be able to perform all job functions within cramped and confined spaces and in hazardous areas.
- Must be able to lift and move items of up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read and comprehend maintenance procedures manuals and related documents, wire diagrams, blue prints, Aircraft Change Orders, special items and log write ups.
- Must be able to follow instructions, learn, understand, and comply with maintenance procedures, rules and regulations.
- Must be able to write accurate and complete summaries of work accomplished on required forms and sign to verify work was performed as indicated.
- Must have sufficient computer skills to access and complete computer based training modules.
- Must be able to meet all training requirements in a timely manner.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must be able to perform well in fast paced environment working under specific deadlines and time constraints to perform aircraft maintenance to meet the demands of the flight schedule.
- Must work well with others as part of a team and work under stressful situations.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standard as described in labor agreement and/or established guidelines.
- Must be able to remain alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment effectively.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions in writing, verbally or via radio equipment.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A