Website Indiana University
The STEM Education Innovation & Research Institute (SEIRI) serves as the hub of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education innovation, research, evaluation, and consultation. SEIRI brings together expert educational researchers with scientists and discipline-based educational researchers to inform and reform undergraduate and graduate education across IUPUI’s campus and beyond.
The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of SEIRI by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks.
- Supports day-to-day operations including ordering, manages meetings for Executive Director, and staff arranges technology needs.
- Communicates to faculty, staff, and students regarding policies and procedures.
- Manages the Executive Director’s calendar, schedule, and coordinate meetings with other office representatives within the university, as well as with representatives from government, business, and other university constituents and stakeholders.
- Provides administrative support to executives, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Utilizes business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Receives, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail, and email promptly, courteously, and accurately.
- Manages executive’s calendar, meetings, travel, correspondence, and budget.
- Acts as informal resource for colleagues with less experience; responds to more complex or escalated inquiries.
- Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the business to which the support is being provided.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Effective conflict management skills
Company: Indiana University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A