Saab in East Syracuse, NY is seeking an Information Security Engineer to work closely with the various Engineering teams to provide cybersecurity support for our products.
- Security hardening of network and computer components, ensure compliance with customer cybersecurity requirements.
- Monitor cybersecurity requirements for local and wide area network and associated network devices, operating systems and other associated applications.
- Document and coordinate product security policies and procedures with corporate cybersecurity function.
- Perform security assessment of applications and systems using various scanning tools.
- Assist with risk analysis and NIST control selection.
- Vulnerability remediation.
- Coordinate with customers on cyber security related issues.
- Investigate security alerts to determine applicability to the product environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, cyber security, or related discipline is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Security + CE or DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II equivalent certification.
- Basic understanding of networks/subnet masks/gateways/routers/VLANs.
- Experience performing DoD ACAS scans.
- Experience implementing NIST 800-53 security controls.
- Developing, applying, and assessing secure technical baselines for various applications and products (i.e. Windows OS, Linux OS, firewalls, switches, etc.)
- Experiencing applying DoD SRG/STIG’s
- Experience assessing cyber compliance using DoD STIG Viewer and SCAP Tools.
- Experience with LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory
- Security audit log analysis.
- Experience with Ansible or other similar IT automation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized with the ability to thrive in fast-paced high-stress situations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A