As a Security Engineer on the PayPal Enterprise Cyber Security team, you will be on the Happy Returns security team, responsible for designing, deploying, and operationalizing security infrastructure to meet PayPal security outcomes. We are seeking intelligent and motivated engineers to join Happy Returns Cyber Security team. In this role, you will report directly to the Manager of Happy Returns Cyber Security and work directly with other business units as a subject matter expert on all things related to Cyber Security.
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Happy Returns users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network and compute services and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions in both on-prem and cloud environments. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. We solve user and corporate security concerns, investigate security incidents, perform security gap analysis, build and integrate systems, conduct applied research, and implement novel technologies and architecture to deal with enterprise security across a diversity of computing platforms such as mobile and cloud.
Examples include establishing and enforcing perimeters to protect all of Happy Returns environments, defending a diverse set of clients and servers in hostile environments, from common operating systems to emerging software and hardware platforms, and evolving authentication, access infrastructure, and policy to simplify user experience and keep Happy Returns safe.
- Design infrastructure and services and drive its implementation to protect Happy Returns networks and systems.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Happy Returns engineering and business teams.
- Conduct technical evaluations to identify coverage gaps in existing information security controls.
- Support installation and management of security tools with Key Performance Indicators (KPI) measuring performance.
- Work with other Cyber Security teams to effectively manage and develop security monitoring, sensor enrichment, and tuning solutions.
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
- Drive enterprise focused security improvements to Happy Returns products and services.
- Respond to and investigate security incidents.
- 5 years of relevant industry experience in security.
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience building/deploying Identity and Access services including Single Sign On (SSO) frameworks and mechanisms such as OAuth and SAML
- Experience integrating and tuning network or cloud security infrastructure
- Security experience in cloud environments (preferably AWS)
- Experience working in two or more of the following:
- Network protocols and secure network design
- Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, Android)
- Web application and browser security
- Security assessments and penetration testing
- Vulnerability management
- Applied cryptography and security protocols
- Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics
- Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
- Kubernetes and container security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A