Website South African National Blood Service - SANBS
This role manages the Zone Donor Business Unit or Units to ensure that blood is procured as per agreed targets for the Zone, by providing logistical support in terms of staffing, managing of budgets and maintaining all quality standards. In addition, ensures optimal structuring of the operations in the zone and the alignment of all donor marketing activities to ensure optimal blood and blood procurement products.
- Collaborate with Senior Manager: Donor Services and zone management to develop long term strategic plans for the division.
- Participate in business planning sessions and motivate acceptance of the business plan for the area being managed.
- Communicate the plan to stakeholders and negotiate and implement individual service level agreements for the zones.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to develop a preliminary business plan together with Senior Manager, Donor Services. This will entail establishing collection targets per zone.
- Identify risks on an enterprise and divisional level and develop plans to mitigate and reduce risk.
- Assist the Senior Manager: Donor Services with the development of national initiatives for the division and develop project plans for implementing agreed decisions.
- Facilitate the development of the budget.
- Review and where necessary motivate for amendments to the work organisation structure/manpower plans to ensure availability of staff to achieve the agreed strategic and operational goals.
- Conduct feasibility studies, monitor revenue and operation trends and make recommendations for continuous business improvements and sustainability.
- Represent SANBS at stakeholder meetings.
- Internal and external relationship building and networking.
- Manage the implementation of policies, procedures and standards pertaining to the department by undertaking root cause analysis and trends and takes necessary action.
- Manage staff activities to ensure that all targets on the Zone Score card are met, evaluate variances and develop strategies to improve the shortfalls or to take advantage of opportunities and maintain procurement levels.
- Collate and deliver regular reports as required by obtaining the relevant information from business units in the zone.
- Holds monthly Zone Meetings in order to evaluate performance of Business Unit and to provide feedback from divisional meetings.
- Manage all the activities of the different business units in the zone and determine the strategic focus and future of the Business Unit and adjust action plans for that Business Unit every 6 months.
- Monitors that staffing levels are maintained as per approved manpower plan or motivate for additional staff supported by a detailed business case.
- Manage the zone budget.
- Prepare department cost centre report monthly with explanation of variances and corrective action taken.
- Manage and approve expenditure as per defined limits.
- Do formal presentation of the financial data at relevant meetings.
- Ensure that systems are in place for adherence to the quality standards.
- Uphold SANAS Accreditation standards by ensuring that all business units pass internal audits without any major non-conformances.
- Monitor that all zone business units pass internal audits by reviewing monthly site visits from Collections Managers and any non-conformances raised by other departments.
- Evaluate and validate SOPs, QC programs and standards of practice and develop action plans to correct major deficiencies, errors and deviations.
- SANC Registered Nurse or HPCSA Registered Medical Technologist or Marketing degree or relevant degree
- Code EB or B Drivers’ license (Manual)
- 5 Years Senior Supervisory or Management experience
- 5 Years Blood Transfusion experience
- Experience in donor services would be an advantage
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Employee relations
- Blood Transfusion Standards
- SANC regulations and policies
- Understanding of SANAS regulations and audit process
- Financial Management including statistical analysis
- SAP and Meditech
Company: South African National Blood Service – SANBS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vereeniging
Application Deadline: N/A