Website Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - PRASA
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute and finalise projects according to a specific scope, timelines and budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the projects objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle
- Provide oversight and leadership in implementing SAP projects using ASAP/ SAP Activate methodology
- Participate in requirements gathering and confirmation from business in conjunction with 3rd party provider
- Lead the business team in participating in the projects execution as well as developing the testing, end-user training and change management strategies.
- Follow applicable standards, procedures, guidelines, governance and methodologies in the implementation of the projects
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution and management of the implementation of SAP projects
- Develop the project brief as per approved ICT CAPEX Budget for approval by the Line Manager and submit to Supply Chain Management for tender advert proposals and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Senior Management and Stakeholders.
- Provide clarity on projects at tender briefing sessions i.e. technical etc.
- Evaluate tender documentation and provide recommendations for the short list.
- Deliver presentations at the Tender Committee as and when necessary.
- Compile report with recommendations for approval by the Line Manager and submission to the Tender Committee.
- Develop full scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Serve on the evaluation team in respect of service provider tenders and make recommendations as a team member in respect of appointments.
- Chair Project Progress meetings, (also member of Steering Committee) compromising both internal and external stakeholders to manage the performance and progress of the project, budget expenditure, resolution of issues and escalate issues to line manager, as necessary.
- Monitor the project in terms of the agreed time frames and deliverables and undertake corrective action as required.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve the project goals.
- Receive report from service providers regarding project progress as per project progress meetings.
- Prepare a monthly consolidated progress report of projects for incorporation by line managers into the EXCO Report
- Ensure that finance, progress and risks are highlighted in the report and elevate decisions required from management.
- Business Continuity
- Business Environment
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Principles
- Policies and Procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Advanced Communication
- Capacity Planning
- Business Systems
- Change Management
- Contract Management
- Decision Making
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
- Time Management
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
- SAP Certified Associate Project Manager
- 5+ years of experience in a SAP Project Management role is required
- Experience in implementing SAP ECC 6.0 projects
- Extensive experience with SAP sub modules such as FICO, MM, SRM, CLM, HCM, PM, LAM, RE, LUM, ESS, MSS as well as all integration elements
- Experience with Solution Manager and Fiori
- Experience in application of ASAP or SAP Activate
- Able to function with a matrix management structure
Company: Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa – PRASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A