We don’t micromanage our drivers. We trust them to get the job done and plan their own routes. This job involves trunking to regional hubs on the night shift. So, if you like the independence of being out on the open road for long stretches – but also want to be home again at the end of every 9-hour shift, this is the job for you.
- Make sure Cages, Pallets, Freight, Stillages and Yorks get to and from customers bang on time. At some sites, the goods will be loaded or unloaded for you – at others, you’ll need to do it yourself. Scanning consignments and driving pallet trucks will sometimes be part of your day.
- Inspect your vehicle and trailer every day, and complete a Defect Report if necessary
- Make sure everything is ‘right first time’ for your customers, both internal and external. A great communicator, you’ll keep customers happy, and make sure any queries you can’t answer are passed on to your site manager quickly.
- Class 1 Driving licence
- Driver CPC qualification card
- Completed required DCPC training hours or be working towards doing so
- Excellent knowledge of Road Transport Laws – and commitment to safe use of the roads
- A ‘can do’ attitude
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A